In task 2 of the IELTS writing test, you need to write a double question essay IELTS for 250 words, and the marking depends on factors such as word count, grammar and vocabulary used in the essay. Before we understand how to write a double question essay IELTS, let us first understand it.
Table of Contents
What is a Double/Direct Question in IELTS Essays?
A double question essay IELTS, also known as a direct question essay, contains one statement with two questions. These questions in task 2 of the IELTS writing test may or may not be linked with each other. It tests your ability to respond to the statement by justifying it. In the 250-word essay, you are required to summarize the details while discussing the topic, providing sufficient examples to support your stance and coming up with possible solutions to the problem.
The IELTS Writing task 1 requires the candidate to write a summary in 150 words and in response to a particular chart, table, graph or process. The weightage for the writing task 2 IELTS test assessment is more than task 1 in terms of marking. The scripts are evaluated by trained and certified IELTS examiners the British Council or IDP approves: IELTS Australia and hold adequate teaching experience.
Tips to follow While Writing or Practising for Double Question Essay IELTS
To score decent points in IELTS Writing Task 2 test, one needs to frame a phenomenal double question essay IELTS. Listed below are some of the tips you need to keep in mind before coming up with the essay.
- Dedicate some time to think on the topic and frame your answers accordingly.
- While planning your answer, keep a check on your vocabulary and note down all the uncommon words that come to your mind.
- While answering the question, make sure you maintain a formal tone and stick to the word count.
- Follow a structure for the content - starting with an introduction, concluding it at the end, and including two paragraphs in between the introduction and conclusion as the essay's body.
- Each of the paragraphs in the essay should address the question and reasons.
Structure of Double Question Essay IELTS
While writing a double question essay IELTS, the candidate needs to follow a structure that would enable them to plan their essay quickly and write a high-level one.
- Provide a background of the statement and rephrase the question.
- Draw your perception addressing both the questions.
Body paragraph 1
- Address the first question in the first few opening sentences.
- Develop the idea while explaining your notion.
- Give an example or evidence based on your knowledge or experience to support your answer.
Body paragraph 2
- Address the second question in the first few lines of the second paragraph
- Develop the idea while explaining your notion.
- Give an example or evidence from your knowledge or experience to support your answer.
- The conclusion should be a broad statement summarizing all the main points and serving as a closing statement.
Important Resources to Read About IELTS:
Download E-Books for IELTS Preparation
Sample of a Double Question Essay IELTS
Question: Increasing numbers of students are choosing to study abroad. To what extent does this trend benefit the students themselves and the countries involved?
Students from China and India are increasingly opting for studying abroad in the last few years. Both the students and their families sacrifice a lot when they decide to move abroad to pursue their studies, but they consider the experience worthy in terms of opportunities that follow. While the former leave their families, the latter spend their entire savings to meet the expenses of their child who is opting to study abroad.
Many governments invest vast sums of money in financing students to study overseas. However, this transaction comes with both benefits and drawbacks for the students. One major drawback is that the instructions an international student receives might not be relevant to the context of their home country. For example, students who go to western countries for teacher's training get trained to teach classes containing few students. However, when they come back to their home country and work as a teacher, they must teach a class of 40 to 50 students.
The phenomenon of brain drain is another primary concern. Most students leave their home country to return after completing their studies, but since most of their personal and professional relationships form in the host country, they prefer to stay back.
However, there are some advantages attached to studying abroad. International students get to experience global diversity. They interact with their fellow batchmates and faculty and gain enriching experiences that help in shaping their overall personality. Most people bring the enhanced experiences to their home country with themselves and try to implement whatever they have learned in their host country. However, the benefits of studying abroad are so many that they outweigh the drawbacks.
More Resources to Read:
Study Master Programs in USA
MS in Data Analytics and Visualization in USA
Dual certification - IIITB as well as Yeshiva University. End-to-end support for applications and visa.Learn More
MS in Data Analytics in USA
Dual certification - IIITB as well as Clark University. World Class Faculty Members & Industry Experts.Learn More
Important ExamsIELTS Exam PTE ExamGMAT Exam TOEFL Exam SAT ExamACT ExamGRE Exam Duolingo English Test
Important Resources for IELTSIELTS Band Score ChartHow to get 8 band in IELTSTypes of IELTS ExamAverage IELTS ScoresIELTS Score for USAIELTS Reading Band ScoreIELTS Bar GraphWriting Task 1 Line GraphCollocation for IELTSIELTS Reading TipsIELTS Speaking TopicsIELTS Writing Task 2Opinion Essay IELTSImportant Vocabulary for IELTSIELTS Band ScoreValidity of IELTS ScoreIELTS Reading SectionIELTS Essay Writing SamplesEssay on Historical PlacesHow to Postpone IELTS ExamIELTS Score for New Zealand PRHow to Make Complex Sentences in IELTSIELTS Test Report formHow Many Times IELTS Exam is Conducted in a YearBenefits of IELTS CoachingAgree or Disagree Essay IELTSHow Much Time is Required to Prepare for IELTSCommon Spelling Mistakes in IELTSHow to Crack IELTS in first AttemptImportant Vocabulary for IELTSHow to Cancel IELTS ExamWhy IELTS Exam is RequiredIELTS Exam DatesIELTS Online CoachingIELTS Full FormMBA in Germany Without IELTSStudy in UK Without IELTSStudy in USA Without IELTSMS in Germany Without IELTSStudy in Europe Without IELTSUniversities in Canada Without IELTSStudy in Singapore Without IELTSStudy in Ireland Without IELTSIELTS Score For UKIELTS Score For USAIELTS For AustraliaIELTS Score for New ZealandUS Universities Accepting Only IELTS Score For MS
Free Study Abroad Counselling
IELTS Sample Essay
IELTS Cue Card
IELTS Reading Answer
- Essay On Generation Gap
- Telecommuting Has Many Advantages And the Following Drawbacks
- Honesty is the Best Policy Essay
- Paragraph On Digital India
- Letter Email Telephone Are Example Of Communication Channels
- Difference Between Online And Offline Classes
- Social Media Advantages and Disadvantages Essay
- Young People Are Often Influenced By Their Peers
- How To Face Problems In Life
- Life in A Big City Paragraph
- Advantages of Plastic Containers
- Disadvantages of A Nuclear Family
- What Gets Sharper The More You Use It
- Famous Brands Of Clothes
- Write About Your Family
- Understand the Most Important Characteristics of a Society
- Theme Of The Poem The Road Not Taken
- Nowadays Many People Choose To Be Self Employed
- Learning is A Continuous Process
- Essay on Coronavirus 150 Words