International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a standardized international test that evaluates the English language proficiency of non-native English speakers. In India, IDP Education conducts the IELTS test. IELTS is widely accepted by top-ranked universities and colleges worldwide. To get admission or for immigration purposes, IELTS has become a general eligibility criterion. IELTS is conducted multiple times throughout the year, and there is no limit to the number of attempts. The registration, cancellation, and rescheduling of examination are conducted with guidelines as set by the organizing body. Applicants need to abide by the rules and guidelines to ensure they receive the maximum support regarding the cancellation, reschedule and refund of the IELTS exam fee.
Table of Contents
- IELTS Exam Fee in India
- Payment Mode For IELTS Exam Fee in India
- IELTS Academic Exam Fee and IELTS General Exam Fee
- Download E-Books for IELTS Preparation
- Rechecking Fee For IELTS Test
- Download IELTS Sample Papers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Popular Study Abroad Destinations
- Learn More about Study Abroad
IELTS Exam Fee in India
The IELTS exam fee in India varies based on the types of IELTS tests. The table below shows detailed information on the IELTS exam fees:
Computer-delivered IELTS for UKVI
IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)
IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration
Pen and paper-based IELTS
Payment Mode For IELTS Exam Fee in India
- Net-banking and credit/debit cards (Visa or Master)
- Demand Draft - It is important to remember that the demand draft is drawn in the name of "IDP EDUCATION INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED, Payable in New Delhi" and is drawn from the approved bank list.
- Bank deposit – Candidates can make cash deposits in ICICI/HDFC bank branches using a customized deposit slip that can be downloaded from the IELTS IDP India website or received from the local IELTS IDP branch office/ referral partner. Along with the IELTS application form, the original customer copy of the deposit slip is needed along with the IELTS application.
Improve your IELTS writing score with our expert-approved topic list for IELTS writing task 2.
IELTS Academic Exam Fee and IELTS General Exam Fee
In India, both IELTS academic exam fee and IELTS general exam fee have the same prices, which is ₹16,250.
Download E-Books for IELTS Preparation
Rechecking Fee For IELTS Test
If candidates are unsatisfied with the results, they can get their IELTS exam score re-checked. They should remember that it must be done within six weeks of the test date. The candidate needs to complete the application and submit/courier the same, along with the fee of ₹11,625 (inclusive of all the taxes). The fee must be paid by Demand Draft, payable in New Delhi, in the name of "IDP EDUCATION INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED.” The fee will only be refunded if the result is changed. This can take two to four weeks to be processed.
IELTS Cancellation Fee
Cancellation can be made before taking the test. However, there is a specific rule for the refund policy.
- Candidates will receive a refund minus the 25% administrative fee if they cancel their IELTS application five weeks before the test date.
- Candidates will not be refunded if they cancel their IELTS exam less than five weeks before the test date.
- Candidates will not be refunded if they do not show up for the test. However, if a candidate shares a medical certificate within three days after the test date, a refund minus 25% of the test fee will be received.
IELTS Rescheduling Fee
If candidates need to modify their test date, they must request a test day transfer at least five weeks before their scheduled test date and pay the cancellation/postponement cost. In addition, the replacement test date must be within three months of the original test date. Candidates will have to pay ₹3,300 as administrative charge, including all taxes, to change their exam date.
IELTS Requirements | Reading Band Score | IELTS speaking |
Download IELTS Sample Papers
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the fee for IELTS exam in India?
In India, the IELTS registration fee is ₹15,500, but it is subject to change. Candidates must confirm the amount while scheduling a test session and make the payment using a digital payment option.
Can I pay with a demand draft (DD) while registering for IELTS online?
When registering for the IELTS exam online, it is not possible to pay with a demand draft. If candidates wish to apply online, they must pay using net banking or a credit or debit card. If they apply offline, they can pay by demand draft.
How to register for the IELTS Examination?
IELTS can be applied in two ways: online or in person. Applicants can register via phone, SMS, e-mail, or online. Applicants must identify a nearby test location and obtain the contact number to register via phone. They should share all essential information, including photo identification, and then select a day and time. The payment must be made online. A valid national ID proof, such as a passport or driver's license, is all that is necessary for IELTS exam registration.
The easiest and most convenient way to register for IELTS is to do it online:
- Visit www.ieltsidpindia.com
- Choose "Register for IELTS"
- Choose the test day and location (students will see the seat availability status)
- Fill out the online application
- Pay for the exam with a credit card (Mastercard or Visa)
- Get an instant seat reservation and confirmation
How to cancel IELTS registration?
Students can cancel the IELTS test registration (both Academic and General Training) any time before the test date by visiting the official website of IDP IELTS. Applicants need to log in to the ‘Test Taker’ portal with the username and password and submit a cancellation request along with supporting documents.
What are the essential documents that are needed for the IELTS exam?
To take the IELTS test, candidates need to have valid photo ID proof like a passport. If they do not have a passport, they can use any national photo ID or military identification proof. They should make sure the ID they are using is valid till the day of the examination. Also, the ID that they use for registration needs to be taken along on the day of the examination.
Recommended Read: Documents Required For IELTS Exam
Here are few of the trending IELTS Reading Answers:
- The Life And Work Of Marie Curie Reading Answers
- Why Pagodas Don't Fall Down
- Spoken Corpus Comes To Life Reading Answers
- Striking Back At Lightning With Lasers IELTS Reading Answers
- The Context Meaning And Scope Of Tourism Reading Answers
- A Spark A Flint IELTS Reading Answers
- The Concept Of Role Theory Reading Answers
- Micro Enterprise Credit For Street Youth Reading Answers
- When Evolution Runs Backwards IELTS
- The Impact Of Wilderness Tourism IELTS Reading Answers
- The Truth About The Environment Reading Answers
- The Politics Of Pessimism Reading Answer
- The Rocket From East To West Reading Answers
- Glass Capturing The Dance Of Light
- Population Movements And Genetics Reading Answers
- The Megafires Of California Reading Answers