France is one of the top study-abroad destinations globally for Bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees, ranking just after the United States of America and the United Kingdom. It is renowned for its top-notch teaching quality and prominence of academic research.
Table of Contents
- How to study in France without IELTS
- List of Top Universities Accepting Candidates Without IELTS
- France Without IELTS Study Visa Process
- Download E-Books for IELTS Preparation
- Eligibility Criteria to Study in France Without IELTS
- Exams Accepted in France Apart from IELTS
- Prepare for IELTS With upGrad Abroad
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Popular Study Abroad Destinations
How to study in France without IELTS
Now, you might think that, like in most foreign countries, IELTS is a non-negotiable aspect of the university admission package in France. However, the truth is that you can still study in many public and private France universities without IELTS test scores. The plus point is that you can also be rewarded with a scholarship at universities in France without IELTS.
An ideal way to start is to look for the degrees offered by French universities in your desired field. Once you have some shortlisted universities, check their university website's eligibility and English test requirements. There will be a mention of an IELTS waiver if the university is open to such applications. Take a look at some of the universities in France without IELTS that accepts student applications.
List of Top Universities Accepting Candidates Without IELTS
Here is a list of the top-ranked universities that offer master's in France without IELTS for your reference.
- American Business School, Paris
- EBS Paris
- EPITA Graduate School of Computer Science
- ESAIP School of Engineers
- ESC Rennes School of Business, France
- ESGCI, Paris
- ESLSCA Business School
- IESA International
- INSEEC Business School
- ISC Paris
- NEOMA Business School
- Paris School of Business
- SKEMA Business School
- Toulouse Business School
France Without IELTS Study Visa Process
Most international students will require a student visa if they wish to study in France. What matters here is the nationality of the student. So, it is best to contact the consulate or embassy in your own country to know if a study visa is required and the nitty-gritty of the application process.
Download E-Books for IELTS Preparation
What are the France study visa IELTS requirements?
As for the France study visa requirements, you do not need to take an IELTS exam to obtain a student visa – especially if the university doesn't ask you to submit the test results.
It is to be noted that some universities might ask for another internationally accepted exam instead of the IELTS. Moreover, you need to apply for a study visa after receiving the university's admission letter and a clearance letter.
Eligibility Criteria to Study in France Without IELTS
French schools like Rennes, Epita, INSEEC, College De Paris, and others are open to admitting students without an IELTS test score submission. The university could offer other alternatives/ eligibility criteria to check your English language skills so you can study in France without IELTS, such as:
- Taking a university interview to check the student's English-speaking skills
- Having studied or done a Bachelor's degree from an English language institution
- Having exceptional academic scores on behalf of the English language tests
- Taking an alternative exam equivalent to IELTS
Apart from the English language proficiency test requirements, the rest eligibility criteria remain constant.
Exams Accepted in France Apart from IELTS
Prepare for IELTS With upGrad Abroad
Suppose you have been facing problems preparing for IELTS at home. In that case, you can enroll in upGrad Abroad's booster program that helps in preparation for IELTS, academic writing, profile building, university application, education loan, and visa support.
The program costs ₹15,000 and is 100% refundable if a student starts their study abroad journey with us.
It is a six-week-long course and offers the following for IELTS preparation:
- 25 hours of live online classes
- Four one-to-one doubt clearing sessions (30 mins each)
- Four one-to-one speaking practice sessions (30 mins each)
- 15 writing assignments with correction and feedback
- Two full-length mock tests
- One-to-one analysis of two full-length mock tests
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I study in France without IELTS?
Yes, you can study in France at public and private universities without appearing for the IELTS exam. There are alternative options such as taking other English proficiency exams, having a stellar academic transcript, or sitting for a university interview to have your English skills accessed.
Which exams are required to study in France?
There are many exams accepted by universities in France for students to study. For instance, if you submit your application for a business degree, you will be asked to provide test scores for GMAT or GRE. Engineering Master's degree admissions also need the GRE score test results.
Apart from these aptitude exams, some universities will necessarily ask the student to submit an English proficiency test results like IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL.
Which countries are best for studying without IELTS?
Some of the best countries to study abroad with an IELTS test score are Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, and European Union countries.
What are the requirements to study in France without IELTS?
If you apply to a university that allows you to study in France without IELTS from India, the other admission requirements will remain the same. These general requirements will be:
- Residency proof in your present country
- University application form
- Campus France authorization
- Paid application fee - depending on the school
- Grade transcripts
- University diploma
- Copy of high school diploma - depending on the school
- Detailed CV or resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Certificate of the current semester – if you are a current student
- Letters of recommendation - depending on the school
Is IELTS mandatory for France student visa?
No, an IELTS is not mandatory to apply for a France student visa.