The Irish education system is known to be one of the best in the world enticing a massive number of students worldwide to flock into the country for higher education. The universities and colleges in this country are said to be the best ones in the world. Rightly known as the land of saints and scholars, Ireland has opened its doors for students across the globe. With their upgraded teaching patterns and exclusive system of education, they impart an all-inclusive knowledge to the students which not only helps them in getting to know more but they are embraced by the entire world with open arms when the search for a job or career begins. The degrees and courses taken from the top universities of Ireland are considered most reliable and the students from here are offered great jobs and positions across the world.
The basic requirement that all the students have to fulfill when applying for an educational program or a course in any university or college in the native English-speaking countries is to pass an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam. And Ireland is no exception. It is an English language exam that is taken in order to know the level of English proficiency of the students applying for the universities. The examinees are mostly the ones who don’t have English as their native language. That is why their proficiency skills are measured before granting them admission to the native English Language speaking countries so that they can understand whatever is taught in the institutions. But passing these exams is not easy for all the students. Some tend to find it difficult to clear the same or get an average score of 5 or above to get admission in good universities in these countries. Even In Ireland, there are universities asking for an IELTS score of 5.5 or 6 and above. However, there are exceptions here as well.
Table of Contents
- How to Study in Ireland Without IELTS
- Download E-Books for IELTS Preparation
- Why is IELTS Difficult?
- Tips to Get Exempted from Submitting the IELTS Results
- Online Tests and Video Interviews
- Tuition Fees and Different Costs of Studying in the Country
- Popular Masters Courses in Ireland
- Application for the Students’ Scholarship Program
- Application for the Students Visa in Ireland
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Study Abroad Without IELTS
How to Study in Ireland Without IELTS
There are various universities in Ireland offering different courses in MBA, doctorate, medical, languages, and even science and technology. But in order to get admission to these universities, the candidates have to go through the IELTS exam. And in case the students are not comfortable with this concept, then they can even study in Ireland without IELTS. There are some public and private universities in Ireland that accept students from non-native English-speaking nations even without an IELTS exam and score. Lists of some of these are:
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- University of Limerick
- National University of Ireland, Galway
To delve deep about how to study in Ireland without IELTS in 2022, read the below guidelines:
Application Process to Study in Ireland Without IELTS
The very first step to enrolling in a university in Ireland and that too without any IELTS exam score, the student has to:
- List and shortlist the university and the course the student intends to pursue in Ireland.
- Check the ratings and reviews of these universities and the courses offered there via the official websites of the universities.
- The students should then shortlist the educational program and the institutions that suit their preferences well.
- Apply on the universities or college's websites for admission to these institutions without the IELTS examination section.
Download E-Books for IELTS Preparation
Why is IELTS Difficult?
Most of the time, the students don’t want to provide an IELTS score because they think it is not easy to pass this examination. Secondly, they may have applied already for the examination and got a very low score in it. The reasons for the low scores in this examination are:
Lack of Preparations
If the student is not properly prepared for the examination and appears to take the test just for the sake of it, then obviously the results won't be that good. In such a situation, since the student isn't ready to appear for the test, they tend to get low scores, and this hinders the application process in a good university in Ireland. If the student is appearing for the first time, the tough questions and the interview make them even more nervous. This leads to poor performance in this test.
Some of the students assume the IELTS to be a very easy test. This is obviously not the truth and that’s why the students get the most unexpected shock of their life during the examination which mars their results.
The Students Can’t Dedicate Much Study Time
Some of the students just can't dedicate enough study time for such an examination. That is why they appear unprepared and perform very poorly in the test.
The Students don’t Get the Right Guidance
There are students who have the capability to pass this examination in flying colors, but since they don’t get the right guidance and proper mentors in helping to prepare for the exams, they tend to perform badly. In such a case, the students should opt to get some help from a platform like upGrad which helps in preparing students for the higher studies programs in international countries like Ireland and guide them for the betterment.
The Student has no knowledge at all of English Language
Some students don't even have the knowledge of the basic English language required to study in a country like Ireland. In such a case, they obviously can't score well in an examination like IELTS. These students have to assure the universities that they will be competent enough to rise up to the standards by taking up English language courses and then appearing for video interviews or online tests directly in collaboration with the universities or colleges they are applying for.
Important Resources to Read:
Tips to Get Exempted from Submitting the IELTS Results
Proficiency in the English language is important for all the students who don’t have their first language as English. If they have to study in Ireland without IELTS, they have to show a strong proficiency in English so as to be accepted for a certain degree or diploma program.
- Lots of universities in Ireland do provide an English language course for the international students who intend to study in Ireland yet skip providing IELTS scores.
- There are around 90 high-quality English language teaching organizations (ELTOS) accepted by the Department of Education and Skills in Ireland to help such students.
- There are also other English language proficiency tests such as TOEFL or PTE which the students can opt for in order to skip the IELTS exams.
- Some universities also do consider students who completed their previous education from an English high school or a higher education institution that had English as a language.
Online Tests and Video Interviews
Some universities provide the privilege of giving online tests and examinations and even video interviews to measure the English proficiency of such students. Especially during the current pandemic situations, most of the institutions prefer this kind of examination and interviews in order to test the English language speaking and comprehension skills of the students, or the candidates before admitting them to the Institutions. But if the students want to skip the IELTS exams totally, they have to perform really well in these examinations or interviews. If there is any glitch in this procedure, the students might have to reappear for the exams.
Tuition Fees and Different Costs of Studying in the Country
If the students get positive results in their Interviews or tests, they will get a letter of acceptance from the university that they have applied for in Ireland. This is the confirmation that they have been accepted for the program in the university that they have applied. The next step that follows is paying the tuition fees for that particular study program. To cover this tuition fee, the student will need an amount of around €10,000 and €25,000 per year approximately depending upon the university or the study program.
Download IELTS Preparation Guide For Free
Get to know about the latest updates on the IELTS Exam, Eligibility, Preparation Tips, Test procedure, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Registration Process, Important Exam Dates, and much more!! This guide is a one-stop solution for every IELTS Aspirant who aims to crack the exam with an impressive band score.
Popular Masters Courses in Ireland
Application for the Students’ Scholarship Program
There are numerous Irish Higher education institutions that provide different scholarship programs to the students. Even the Government offers numerous generous scholarships for international students aspiring to study in Ireland. All these universities have distinct scholarship systems, so the students have to check all the details about the scholarships before applying for the same. These scholarships are available for the courses like bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. degrees in Ireland. If the students want to enquire about some of the great scholarships in Ireland, below listed are a few of them:
- Irish Research Council Scholarships
- DIT Centenary Scholarship Programme
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology Scholarship
- Trinity College Dublin Scholarship
- Government of Ireland Scholarships
- The Walsh Fellowships
- National College of Ireland Scholarships
Application for the Students Visa in Ireland
The next important point to consider – “Is an IELTS score required for an Ireland student visa as well”? If the student has the acceptance letter of the university in Ireland which specified that the student doesn't require an IELTS score, then the aspirant can apply for the student visa in Ireland easily without this score. But even in this case, the student will require the following important documents:
- A passport and other address and identity proofs and documentation
- A fee payment slip
- The acceptance letter from a renowned institution of Ireland.
- A proper proof of funds that will support the student’s expenses for the duration of that course in Ireland.
- Medical insurance and its information.
- A valid proof of no criminal record.
- The student might be asked for biometric information.
- Academic Transcripts.
- A commitment statement that says that the student will leave Ireland on the expiry of their visa.
More Resources to Read:
Studying in a country like Ireland which has an exclusive educational program that is accepted and embraced all over the world is a privilege. The aspiring students have to be prepared to the core to apply for admissions to the top-most universities of this country. And for this application, appearing in the IELTS examination is necessary. But there are exceptions where the students are admitted in some of the reputed universities and colleges even when they don't show the scores of IELTS or don't even appear for it. But these students have to assure the universities and educational institutions that they are capable of speaking and understanding and conversing in English so that they can understand the courses and programs of these colleges (and also live in the country during the course duration without hassle). With the guide given above, the student will find it easier for applying to various universities and colleges of Ireland even by skipping the IELTS examinations.
For the students aspiring to study in Ireland, they may have some doubts and questions about pursuing their education in this country. These questions are related both to the students applying with the IELTS marks and even without this score:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a deadline to apply for the Ireland study program?
Yes, the students have around 2 months to take a date for the application.
Are GRE/GMAT/IELTS and TOEFL scores important to get an admission in Ireland?
Yes, these scores are very essential if the student wants to apply to the institutions of Ireland. But in case they aren’t comfortable providing the results or scores of the IELTS exams, there are other ways to secure admission too.
How much time does it take to get the offer letter from the institution?
Once the application is submitted, it takes around 2 working weeks to get an answer or response from the university.
How much tuition fees the students required to pay during the Visa application?
The students have to pay around 50% of the university fees in advance in order to provide proof while applying for the Visa.
Study Abroad Without IELTS
Important ExamsIELTS Exam PTE ExamGMAT Exam TOEFL Exam SAT ExamACT ExamGRE Exam Duolingo English Test
Important Resources for IELTSIELTS Band Score ChartHow to get 8 band in IELTSTypes of IELTS ExamAverage IELTS ScoresIELTS Score for USAIELTS Reading Band ScoreIELTS Bar GraphWriting Task 1 Line GraphCollocation for IELTSIELTS Reading TipsIELTS Speaking TopicsIELTS Writing Task 2Opinion Essay IELTSImportant Vocabulary for IELTSIELTS Band ScoreValidity of IELTS ScoreIELTS Reading SectionIELTS Essay Writing SamplesEssay on Historical PlacesHow to Postpone IELTS ExamIELTS Score for New Zealand PRHow to Make Complex Sentences in IELTSIELTS Test Report formHow Many Times IELTS Exam is Conducted in a YearBenefits of IELTS CoachingAgree or Disagree Essay IELTSHow Much Time is Required to Prepare for IELTSCommon Spelling Mistakes in IELTSHow to Crack IELTS in first AttemptImportant Vocabulary for IELTSHow to Cancel IELTS ExamWhy IELTS Exam is RequiredIELTS Exam DatesIELTS Online CoachingIELTS Full FormMBA in Germany Without IELTSStudy in UK Without IELTSStudy in USA Without IELTSMS in Germany Without IELTSStudy in Europe Without IELTSUniversities in Canada Without IELTSStudy in Singapore Without IELTSStudy in Ireland Without IELTSIELTS Score For UKIELTS Score For USAIELTS For AustraliaIELTS Score for New ZealandUS Universities Accepting Only IELTS Score For MS
Free Study Abroad Counselling
IELTS Sample Essay
IELTS Cue Card
IELTS Reading Answer
- Essay on Coronavirus 150 Words
- Young People Are Often Influenced By Their Peers
- Write About Your Family
- Difference Between Online And Offline Classes
- Nowadays Many People Choose To Be Self Employed
- Life in A Big City Paragraph
- Theme Of The Poem The Road Not Taken
- Letter Email Telephone Are Example Of Communication Channels
- Learning is A Continuous Process
- Essay On Generation Gap
- Social Media Advantages and Disadvantages Essay
- Telecommuting Has Many Advantages And the Following Drawbacks
- Understand the Most Important Characteristics of a Society
- Disadvantages of A Nuclear Family
- Paragraph On Digital India
- Famous Brands Of Clothes
- What Gets Sharper The More You Use It
- How To Face Problems In Life
- Honesty is the Best Policy Essay
- Advantages of Plastic Containers